Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I thought I wasn't in Kansas. . . .

Sooooo, I turned on the news for some background sounds as I made oishii yakisoba (with tuna, which was okay but not as good as chicken) when a very strange thing came on:

There is a tornado watch in Central and Southeast (Lake Powell area) Utah.

yes, that's right, a TORNADO watch. Not a lightening watch or a flash flood watch (though that is a big concern at the moment with all the rain we're getting here in Southern Utah) but a TORNADO.

That's the big funnel clouds that threaten places like Kansas, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Texas but can't survive long in Utah because of the moun'ains. It's big and black and comes out when there's mixtures of high and low pressure. Well, apparently Lake Powell's gonna get a little trip to Oz.

On top of that, this little storm system that's sucking out moisture from the Pacific and spitting it out in Arizona and Utah is supposed to keep going until this weekend. Since Sunday, it's been stormy skies and lots of rain. I'm loving it, but it does make me tired.

So, yeah, that's all. It's the end of the world, as my roommate put it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tornado! Huzzah! They're so much fun to watch! :) :)