Friday, September 21, 2007

Flowy and Shiny

Today was the inauguration of SUU's new President, Micheal T. Benson, and I went to the 2-hour ceremony out of pure curiosity. Of the two hours that I sat and wrote (yes, I did get a page and a half written, I was very happy), I realized something:

I would dearly like to be a college teacher just so I could wear the robes.

Man, they were so cool! They were big and flowy, and came in either black, blue, or red. And in the black and blue, they had those weird scarfy thingies that hung down the back instead of the front. You know, it looks like the teachers are being strangled by their own uniform (now wouldn't that be nice?). Not to mention the cool, Renassaince-looking hats with tassles dangling in their faces. There was one teacher who looked like he could fit perfectly into Shakespear's time!

Anywho, my point is that I would dearly like to have a cool graduation or ceremony robe or something like those! They're so big and billowy and in such bright colors!

Not to mention the tassels. What fun!

Of course, I can have something kind of like the robes. . .it's not really shiney, but it is big and billowy. . .and it's tan. . .and it looks like a short cape. . . .and it even has a hood, though that kind of clothing normally does not. . . .

2 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

*cough cough*

No comment.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I once saw someone in hot pink robes. I thought it was pretty darn cool.