Thursday, September 6, 2007

Compassionate Cedar City Citizen

Yes, I like alliteration, haven't you noticed yet? Anywho, I just needed to say that the people here in Cedar City are very nice and so helpful. Here's the story:

I had bought a book with all my other books (it only cost $40), only to discover today that I would not need it at all. You see, it was a required text for my lecture class, but that was because the professor also taught a lab and I guess you needed the book for his labs. I don't have him for lab, I have a different teacher, who uses a different book. I guess I could have noticed this last week, but I didn't have a lab then because the lab was getting inspected (it is a tiny lab and all of us students are crammed in there with all these big monitors staring at us). So, I didn't realize until today that I had bought a book I didn't need at all. I figured it was past the day to get refunds on books you don't need, but I decided to go and try anyway.

I went up to the counter and asked the lady if it was too late to refund books. She asked if I had a drop slip for dropping a class, and I said I didn't, I just found out that I didn't need this book after all. She said she was sorry, that she couldn't do that, and I said that was alright (it was only $40). She then asked me why I didn't need it and I explained about the lecture and lab teacher situation, and that I didn't find out until today, when I had lab. I said it was all good and got ready to leave when she said, "Wait, I'll do it anyways." It was a pleasant surprise and so I gave her my reciept and debit and she did her magical typing and swiping so that the money was put back onto my card. I was so grateful that she did that, and she said, just before I walked away, "I guess today was really the last day to do that sort of thing!" She was so nice and understanding! It's only forty dollars, but it was nice that she did that. The alternative was to let it sit in my closet, gathering dust, until I sold it back for half price. I was okay with doing that, but getting back all the money was nicer. She was so nice. All those people are nice.

And I have chocolate Nutella on my arm, I best lick it off.
Licking off happily, Booke De'Vourer

3 comments:

Your Name said...

Just forty dollars? Think of all the hershey's chocolate bars you could buy! That was downright decent of her!

Debbie Barr said...

I laughed about the Nutella. I should really get me some of that for my morning toastings.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Yay $40! And Yay Nutella!

And Yay Jekka!

And...er...

Okay, I'm done now.