Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bon Voyage

I am off. Tomorrow is the big day. At 12:00 noon Chris and I enter the Mother's Torture Chamber, commonly known as the Missionary Torture Center, but formally known as the Missionary Training Center. There, we will study scriptures and the Japanese Language. There, I will study and train until October 1 of which I will hop on an airplane and journey to Japan.

So, about my dear blog. It will not be shut down, or dismantled, or removed from the world wide web. Au contrare, the Mechanical Android Nuisance (Mastah, we changed it. Is that okay?) Detector and Infiltrator (the minions made me do it), also known as MANDI for short, is going to post my happenings. I will be writing her and sending her pictures at least once a month. I will write little letters to people, thanking them for their letters they wrote to me, but it will go to Mandi in one big bulk letter. Unless I decide to throw everyone off *evil cackle* by writing them back!

Still, I want addresses so send your address to MANDI at paintingpixies@mac.com unless otherwise notified (like my mass email. . .). It will make me most happy.

Her website is also one of the links in the side panel, as well as her blog.

I won't be here until October, I will send Mandi my MTC address once I get it, but after October letters will be received here:

Sister Jessica Catherine Jones
Japan Tokyo Mission
4-25-12 Nishi Ochiai
Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo-to,
161-0031

So, yeah, that's the scoop. Aaaand, yes, my Goaties are traveling with me. They are most excited and will help me retain my insanity for the two and a half months that I'll be in the MTC. I'm also taking peanut butter. YUM!! You can take the Jekka out of the weird, but you can't take the weird out of the Jekka!

Well, that's all for now. As tribute to everyone. . . .Mandihasbrushedandplayedwithmyhair. . . AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*goats dive for cover*

2 comments:

Your Name said...

Good luck jekka! You'll be great!

Debbie Barr said...

*sniffsniff*

My little Defective Minion is all grown up, and heading to Japan! (in a couple of months)