Thursday, July 24, 2008

First E-mail!

Well, Jekka can only e-mail her parents, but her mother was kind enough to e-mail me with some wonderful news! I believe Mastah received it as well? Anyways, she has already had her first P-day! As she says:

"Already, my douryou (companions) and I can teach Lesson 1: The Restoration comfortably, and on Thursday we have a teaching evaluation so we get to see how well our lessons plans are coming and what we can do to improve our lesson and ourselves. The gospel is true! Fukuin wa shinjitsu desu yo."

She's certainly learning the language because it's hard to follow sometimes with her engrish. XD Shimaitachi means sisters and chouroutachi means elders, I've learned that! Also fukuin means Gospel! That's the Japanese lesson for today!

She tells an amusing tale of when she was sitting with some of the other sisters from her district that one of the sisters was shocked that the elders did not stand up when they approached the table to sit, get their glasses of milk, open the doors for them, etc. and was so flabberghasted that she went to the Elders and chewed them out for not being "respectful" like so. Then Jekka got the guts to go stand and apologize for what the other sister had said and that it was uncalled for! (Go Jess!!) She said that she and her other sisters didn't feel like they should be treated as they are delicate saying that they appreciate them already and love them for who they are, that treating them like such would only make them embarrassed. She's awesome to do that!!

After this however, the Elders started to joke around with the sisters and after going to get a drink, two of the elders got on their knees and started bowing saying "Oh wonderful Shimai! You are so wonderful!" (Sounds like she made quite the impression! lol) Then just the other day Jones Chourou (CB) interrupted her and said, "Wait Jones shimai, let me get you a glass of milk!" Of course, being that it was CB, Jekka almost wailed on him saying, "Sit down you little punk!" However, being a missionary now, she stopped short of 'punk'.

Jekka's note to everyone is:
"dearelder.com is a great place to send letters. It's free and it's same-day delivery. All my tomodachi (friends) should give it a shot. . .hint hint *wink wink*"

That's all for the update right now!! I hope to hear more from her again soon!! Keep in touch with her and I'm sure we'll hear more!

"I love you all, and I hope you are staying strong and true to the beliefs you have. I know this church is true and God loves each and every one of us. I look forward to learning more and growing. I have grown so much in five days and I know I will grow more as God helps me learn nihongo and fukuin (japanese. . .gospel). I love you all. Take care!

You're insane and bonkers child,
Jones Shimai (Jekka!)

No comments: