Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Of Accomplishments and Disappointments

Man, sometimes I surprise myself with my own cleverness.

Shaddup, Francis! I'm not being cocky or anything! Go read a Madagascaran-English dictionary.

Well, I accomplished my goal of finishing chapter 25 BY Christmas. It was a very close one, being 1:14 am Christmas morning, but I did it! And now I am trying to work my way through the next chapter. I made a little outline of things I want to accomplish in the next two chapters, so I'm going to kick in my freaky skills and try to write all that I want to write but make it work at the same time.

which, these few chapters really suck. Who'da thunk that writing about politics would be so hard! My brain felt like oatmeal blended with soggy bread and cereal once I finished that chapter.

Luckily, I got a book to read. CB was kind enough to let me read Alcatraz vs. The Shattered Lens. He was very kind indeed, because I gave him that book for Christmas.

Alas, that is where my great disappointment comes in. I read it, enjoyed it, finished it, and started cursing up a storm at Sanderson. Man! I hate waiting for books! It was bad enough with Harry Potter but now I have TWO books to wait for. TWO! Not one, TWO! The second book to The Heroes of Olympus (the first being The Lost Hero. Sooo good!) and the fifth Alcatraz book.

Upon finishing that book, I went to his website to see he was writing it. I suspect it is the "Untitled Urban Fantasy" that says is 53% done. I say this because

1) Amazon "claims" that the latest book is the "fourth and final installment" of the series.
2) I refuse to believe that because the fourth book ends in a non-closure sense. He's still not tied to the altar!

So, I am forced to wait a whole year. Grrr. Snarl. Scream. Gnash. Bite. Fang-stab. And all that other stuffage.

I made a to-do list. It's very long. But I'll work on it.

Yeah, that's all. . .ciao!

No comments: