Monday, October 1, 2007

Weekends aren't just long enough

I wish there was a third day to go along with Sunday and Saturday. I went home this past weekend for Stephanie's baptism, and it was so crazy and hectic that I didn't get around to calling up Mastah and Fiend. Saturday was taken up with celebrations, and losing at chess to Nathan, and watching Mike and Chris run around in blankets "eating" all the kids; and then sunday rolled along with church, dinner, and then that stinking long drive home. That weekend just wasn't long enough!

That extra day should be called Nemsday, meaning the day of laziness. . . .

On a plus, I read a ton of Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper (first book of The Dark is Rising Series). 'Tis a good book. I like it lots and I can't wait to find out what happens next!

4 comments:

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I totally agree with you on the extra day thing. In fact, because Saturday is taken so much up with stuff like laundry & grocery shopping and Sunday involves church and all attendant responsibilities, I'm pretty sure we need one more day for just hanging about reading a book or something.

And also, Susan Cooper is going to be in the Boston area in mid-November. I'm totally going to hear her speak. So, so cool.

Your Name said...

*is envious* I think Over sea Under stone is my favorite of that series. It's like one massive treasure hunt with bad guys chasing you every step of the way...soooo good....umm...maybe that extra day should be called Minionday...and only the minions get to use it.

Debbie Barr said...

HEY! Mastahs need days too... *pouts*

Hmm, me thinks I'll have to put that on my "to read" list. :D Books are so lovely...

Your Name said...

But every day is a Mastah day...but I guess if you want a day to yourself..we can change mondays to mastahdays...then mondays would be a whole lot easier to deal with.