Friday, September 24, 2010

Thrashing hands and knees

I know! Crazy isn't it?! It's only been like a week instead of a month! This is just like my journal-writing habits. Only if something awesome happens do I write in it often.

But, alas, nothing really exciting happened. . .except I've become addicted to rock climbing. I blame my tallest (Christoph). he invited me to go rock climbing with the club last week and I loved it. I thrashed my fingers and knees kinda bad that time, and I did again this week. Strangely enough, its only my left hand that gets scraped, and my left knee. I must switch to using those more than my other side when I'm scaling a rock face. But, I love it. It's lots of fun.

Yesterday I did this climb called Missie's Playhouse. It was pretty fun, but then I got to the hard part where you have to try to get your body onto a ledge using practically nothing. I tried twice then decided to stop as it was getting dark. But, it was pretty fun.

So, yeah, I found a new hobby and its lots of fun. I just wish I had money so I could get my own equipment, mainly shoes and caribeners. but a nice long some-odd feet of rope would be cool too.

yeah, that's all. I like rock climbing now. I might do narrows again this saturday. My only crux is that I suddenly have a ton of homework that all needs to be done by next week. the majority being monday and tuesday. soooo, who knows what I'll do. I really want to go. Like really super uper duper bad. I love the narrows. . . .

Toodles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous... The most exciting thing that I've done here is watch Avatar The Last Airbender... We're almost done with Book 1. That's it. So jealous of your hiking and climbing adventures. In fact, I have a good lock carribeaner (spell that??) that you can have if you like. It's got a cool little push button lock. I got it way back when dad and I were rock climbing and he could do that kinda stuff and we had plans to actually go to the eastern part of Tennessee and climb some. Then he had a heart attack. lol Stupid health ruining everything. Anyway, I'm rambling, but it's yours if you want it. I have no use for it here in the city...