Monday, July 9, 2007

Leprosy and other things

Well, the Tomato Curse is wearing off. Alas, it is not leaving without a fight. My nose has been peeling like mad, and my arms are starting to also. It looks like leprosy. I'm a leper! Yee hee! Leper-con!

On a brighter note, I'm almost done with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I'm still trying to understand how Harry could be so dim-witted to know that Snape could not acknowledge his warning of "He's got Padfoot!" with the toad lady there. Oh well, he's talking to Grawp right now with a group of lovely centaurs. I should continue reading. . . .

I went with Mastah to Borders to meet Shannon Hale and have her sign my copy of Princess Academy. She is a really enjoyable speaker. She was cracking jokes right and left--mostly about how much she loved Collin Firth from that 6-hr Pride and Prejudice. I was rather lost when she and all the audience began drooling over this "Mr. Darcy" but I entertained myself by examining a spanish-translated copy of Wicked. Also, Mastah never ceases to amaze me, becuase Shannon knows her name! We walk up to the table to get our books signed and she says, "Hi, Debbie!" I was stunned and in total awe. I didn't know who to worship, Mastah or Shannon, but I had to settle with Mastah because I am her minion and she would not have been very much pleased. Still, meeting Shannon Hale, an author, was like meeting. . .I dunno. . .a celebrity or something. . .which she was. She talked about writing too, and so I've resolved to take a leaf out of her book and try to write a certain amount of words per day. That way, as she pointed out, the story is always on your mind instead of just every so often, and setting time limits don't help becuase you can just sit there and twiddle your thumbs. It was wonderful advice and just what I needed to know. So, as a huge plus, Debbie dropped me off at home and I grabbed my story and wrote a page and a half! I was most happy.

Other than that, I have nothing else to post. Yeah, I know, for such an interesting and terrifying title, there's really nothing else to say. Other than: heads up! I'm peeling and flaking like a tree in the autumn! Really, I have nothing much else to say. . . .

Batman rocks!

7 comments:

Your Name said...

Why does Batman Rock?
Does he have lots of cool shiny stones? Or does he play the electric guitar....what do you mean by Batman Rocks? *puzzles over the last line*

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

*shakes head* Fiend, fiend, fiend. Batman just rocks. He flies. He fights. He has many difficult villians to face (Two Face!). And he lives in a cave with our friendly flying furry mammal friends.

Your Name said...

But he has no super powers...

Debbie Barr said...

She only knows my name because I stalk her, along with one of the other girls that was there, yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Collin Firth is amazing. End of story. One day you will see this Jekka. One day.... Also, batman is teh shmexy. Yay I get cookies. ^_^ Thank yous! Pirate Gypsy, that is what is so great about Batman. He doesn't need super powers. Super powers are for posers. Batman can take down superman with a kick in the groin wearing a kyptonite boot. Spiderman is just a skinny gangly kid and don't even get me started on the others. You should watch the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (check out journal for more)

Your Name said...

But super powers are cool. Can't beat the ability to make a storm cloud hang over your head if you want it to.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

I like the X-men. Because they're born with those powers; they don't get them from some freak accident or that they're aliens.