Saturday, December 8, 2007

Awesome Friday

It was awesome! It was cool! It was amazing and I hope all those "Golden Compass is a movie of the devil" idiots go and see it so they can see just what an awesome story it is!!

I loved it, and it was very well done. Keep in mind, of course, that it's been many a year since I last read the book (8th grade in fact) so all I remembered was the incision thingy and daemons. However, some stuff came back to me, like how the compass works, as I was watching it so I really enjoyed it. All in all, it was an awesome movie, and I am itching to go see it again.

Also, I went with my roommates to see an impropt performance by a group called Off The Cuff. It was my first time going and. . . .I loved it. It was so funny. It's like Who's Line Is It Anyway? but not as crud and the actors watch their language. It is a clean, funny, and enjoyable show in which you (THE AUDIENCE!!) participates. I had so much fun. Not to mention, I got some delicious caramel hot chocolate. Off the Cuff does their shows in this local coffee shop called The Grind, and The Grind had fallen on hard times and because I didn't want Starbucks to become the only place in town to get coffee so I bought some hot cocoa from them. Save The Grind!! If you ever find yourself in Cedar City, go to The Grind, not Starbucks!!!

Besides, Starbucks hot chocolate is gross compared to The Grind's.

Well, that's all folks. Time to tackle homework. :P

3 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Starbucks probably dumps caffeine into their hot chocolate, therefore your body rejects it. ;)

I haven't read The Golden Compass, although I'm working on it. I'm about 9 pages in, so, not much has happened. However, this edition has the same font as Shannon Hale's books do... yeah, I'm a dork.

Jekka Goaty Senoj said...

But a lovable and fearsome dork!

Your Name said...

One that makes all the other boy dorks go....uuuh...nevermind. I shouldn't have watched Princess Diaries...

*steals jekka's hot chocolate*