Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pinecones and Hollyberries

I got my mission call! Chris and I, both at the same time. A lot of you probably know this already but I feel like posting it anyways.

I was called to serve in the Tokyo, Japan mission, and Chris was called to serve in the Kobe, Japan mission. We both will be learning Japanese (nihongo) and we both report to the MTC on July 16, 2008. For those of you who are itching to come and watch us speak (and laugh at us), our farewells are on July 13, that sunday before we leave. I assume it's going to be my normal church time, which is 9 am. But, I'll keep y'all posted on that as it gets closer.

But, yeah, wahoo!

Aaaaaaand on to other business. I and the Elvish Pirate Gypsy Minion Fiend saw Prince Caspian and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull over the holiday break. Prince Caspian was awesome! I liked it lots and I want to go see it again. Bad. Like, really bad. It was so good. Indiana Jones 4 was alright. The third one is still my absolute favorite, but the fourth one probably comes in second. I don't know. I kinda need to watch the first one again. Heh heh. Other than that, it had the same suspenseful yet cheesy fighting (you know, the kind where you know the bad guy will eventually die) as all the other movies. And it was funny. But, yeah. Prince Caspian: awesome. Indiana Jones: Pretty Good.

And since I'm posting. . .I had a crazy dream last night that I went back to Payson High School to go to school. The weird thing though was that all my teachers from college were teaching there. Professor Simon was my English teacher, but English was more like foods class in that we ate a bunch of food, learned etiquette, and then did research on stuff from our future careers that had to do with eating. For some reason, my research was on the deep-see fishies. Which was cool but I don't think those fish are exactly tasty. Then my history teacher who was named Mr. Green (but was in fact Ryan Paul from SUU) accused me of taking a history book and never returning it. But I had never used one of his books in my research and so I had to go talk to him about that. Except that my Japanese teacher wanted me for something (no, she did not teach japanese in my dream) and that made me more stressed out. . .and on top of that I had a test and I forgot to put on my shoes and grab a pencil (though those turned up later in my dream). I think I would have gone bonkers had not Jenni been there in her awesome Elvish Pirate Gyspsy outfit (without shoes though) to guide me around Payson High. And then, I said to myself in my dream "Why am I at Payson High School? I'm not even in school anymore." To which myself replied "Jessica, you're serving your mission at Payson High School"

And then I woke up wondering what the heck I had just dreamed. Of course, as crazy as this is, it's nothing compared to the Elvish Pirate Gypsy's dreams. But, I felt like sharing.

Winston, I want you to hide any books dealing with learning! I don't want to see them! I'm sick of having dreams where I'm still in school! Put them away, NOW!! Go read the Calvin and Hobbes books instead. You'll learn everything you need to know from those two hooligans.

2 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

Bwhahaha. That's awesome. :) What's up with the title of the post, though?

P.S. My "word verification" is "slycoq" Pretty awesome.

Your Name said...

LOL! Oh wow! That definitely tops my dreams. So if you saw my complete elvish pirate gypsy attire (minus the boots) then I expect a pattern or something for when I make a costume some day...