Monday, May 5, 2008

Yay for Pinata's!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

And to celebrate it, we mutilated a pinata! It was so much fun. Dad had gotten it when he and my aunt went to Bajio. The Bajio people gave every customer a little pinata with a number on it, which matched up to a prize. Dad got a T-shirt and my aunt got a gift certificate.

Well, Dad brought it home, and Steph got the brilliant idea of filling it with candy. So she filled it with candy, Dad found a rope and threw it over a branch on our big oak tree, and then we proceeded to knock the candy out.

Nathan went first, and he hit it once (we each got three swings to try to hit it), and then Stephanie went, then Dad went (he almost hit it) and then I went. I totally whacked it and decapitated it! It was awesome! We all gathered around the pinata and munched on the candy, and then we decided to mutilate the rest of it so we kept whacking it until its body was in shreds. It was lots of fun. A great family home evening activity. . . minus Mom and Chris but it was still fun!

I wonder if goats make great pinatas. . .

Oh goaties. . . .

2 comments:

NinjaPirate Kayleigh said...

Don't use goaties for pinatas, for they are NOT filled with candy!!!!
(I found that out the hard way...)

Anonymous said...

.....pinata's are scary...... They're like clowns, but not.....

I'm still so confused about this goat obsession you have... Did I miss something?