Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Polly wanna cracker!

What does the title have to do with anything? Absolutely nothing. Really. Nothing whatsoever. I'm just sitting around in the Doldrums, not really doing anything productive. Which is the best thing for anyone to do in my opinion.

Okay so I have been somewhat productive in the thinking sense. I finished the Phantom Tollbooth. So good! People should go and read it, right now. And I also read The Foundling by Lloyd Alexander, also way good. I enjoyed all the stories, with characters I knew or didn't know so well. My favorite was Kadwyr the Rascal Crow. And now I'm going to read Brave Deeds which is a book about my Oma and Opa Braal when they were part of the Dutch Underground Resistance in Holland during WWII. So, we'll see how that goes.

Yeah yeah, I'm still writing. In fact, I should probably stop doing nothing and get out of these Doldrums to do something. Fear not, I won't think too hard. That's painful stuff.

Come Rupert! To the car! And start thinking!

2 comments:

Your Name said...

I just knew you'd love that book. Tis delightful :D

Debbie Barr said...

Of course you liked The Phantom Tollbooth! It's such a Jekka book! :) I need to come out and visit you when I get back from my Indiana trip. And steal your notebook. I mean... ;)