Sunday, June 10, 2007

And so I went to Memphis

Hi y'all! here I am, chilling at my friend, Mandi's, house in Memphis, Tennessee. I just got back from a fun week at Girl's camp, trying not to scratch all the bed bug bites I have all over me (that's what you get for not showering while camping in the woods, in humidity, and bug-infested cabins. Lesson learned: take showers even when you normally won't). Right now, I'm gonna go to bed soon and then go to the Hunstman Space Museum with Mandi and her Mom and my Mom. I'm looking forward to it.

As a little update, I finally went to Moab!!! After one and a half years of missing all the trips my family went, we finally went!!! I had such a lovely time and I had a blast! We were only there for two days, but it was refreshing. The first day we did an easy trail called Lathrop Canyon, and Tiffany drove the blue jeep. She did very well *applauds* THen, the second day, we did Elephant Hill, a more difficult trail and the most difficult one in Canyonlands National Park. On that trail, we did a fun hike called the refrigerator. It is called that becuase cracks have formed in-between the rocks over the years, and when you walk through them, it is very cool and refreshing. I didn't want to leave, and it was fun to explore in all the different cracks. It was a fun time.

I'm also twenty now. Twenty! It's really mind-boggling becuase I still feel like I'm fifteen. I'm okay with not driving. I would be much happier without a cell phone. And, yes, I can communicate without having to text people considering my cell phone never travels with me. And serious dating? *snorts* I have a mission to serve and no silly boy is going to stop me! Why serve one mission when I can serve two? One in a year, and another when I'm older? Silly girls. Marriage is not THAT important! (okay, so it is a little, but I'm sure not ready, nor do I want it) I still have stuff to do! Places to see! People to annoy! *happy sigh* I will never grow up! I'm a Toys 'R' Us kid!

An update on Samurai, I wrote more while I've been in Memphis, but I've mostly been reading. I finished Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. Marvelous! I enjoyed every moment of it. And now I'm going to read the book Mandi gave me for my Birthday: The Children of Hurin. It's the newest book by J.R.R. Tolkien that his son edited and then got published. I'm looking forward to reading it. Well, I'm tired and the comfy bed in Mandi's faerie room is calling me. Good night!

2 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

YAY! I'm so glad your vacation is going well. I'm missing you, though. I've just been watching TV, reading, playing video games, and working. Oh wait, I did meet Shannon Hale on Saturday... that's gotta mean something...

Lizardbreath McGee said...

Oh! You'll have to tell me how you liked Children of Hurin. I saw that in my book club magazine and have been wondering whether to get it...