Thursday, February 28, 2008

Critter of the Day


Class: Chondricthyes
Subclass: Holocephali
Order: Chimaeriformes

This critter is called a Ratfish, also known as a Chimaera. Isn't it a weird little thing? It really does look like a rat or something out-of-this-world.

Don't know anything about it. Don't feel like doing the research. So much for being bored and sticking up random stuff. . . .

But, if you're curious enough, I'm sure you'll go do some looking on your own.

While you're at it, type in paddlefish. Those are native to the mississippi river.

Hmm. . .maybe I'll do more critter of the days. It's really cool, all the fish I'm learning in my Icthy class. (Icthyology=fish studying).

So, I've come up with a new phrase I want to use in a story or something: The room smelled like goats and vomit. I really really really want to use that somewhere. Yesterday in o-chem (organic chemistry) lab we made stuff that smelled like fruit. My partner and I did strawberry, which really stank pretty. The unfortunate side of that awesomely fun lab was that the stuff we started with were really stinky. Example: hexanoic acid is known as goat acid becuase is smells like goats. On top of that, some groups used another acid that is the scent of vomit. So we were taking quizzes and boiling stuff with the smell of vomit everywhere. That changed though when our reactions were done, becuase then everything started to stink pretty (yes, I like that phrase. Kudos to Mandi for being the first to say it). It was such a fun lab. Especially becuase I decided to finish it off by burning myself on the hot plate that was heated to 160 degrees C (really really hot in fahrenheit). So if I die, again just bury me next to the cat and bird and I'll help push up that lilac bush.

(Mom, I'm kidding. I'm fine. It's actually going away now. NO I DON'T NEED AN I.V.!!!!)

Jenni, seriously, don't spend anymore time at the library. It's what THEY want! THEY want you to read their books, but their books are false!! Everything we have learned is false!! Swords are more advanced than guns. Stairs are more advanced than elevators!

It's all about information. . .

FYI: my favorite piece of gibberish from Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians was "Churches, lead, very small rocks, and ducks"

That just totally made my day.

4 comments:

NinjaPirate Kayleigh said...

Critters are cool. Weird fishies make me smile.
So, I don't think I've ever smelled a goat. What's it like?
Are all libraries really evil? *sob* I know, we should liberate one and turn it into a base of operations for the resistance! To the bat cave!

Your Name said...

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE I AM SPENDING MY TIME!!!!???!!!!

*hides behind a bookshelf*

That minion's minions must be watching my every move!!!

But do not, dear friends, forget our..uhh..friends, the cuttlefish.

Debbie Barr said...

You are so weird.

And thanks for all the fish. ;)

bookworm_eats_books said...

That fishie is cool!!
WAIT!!!libraries are evil *tear*!!!
I just hope they don't get ahold of the bookstores...
And i always thougght shinny was spelled shiney.(Note to self:rewrite dictionary)

-must be off now on a hunt for those evil minions have to stop thier plots...

ps.-*hides behind a bookshelf* is the most alsomest prase ever!