Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Power of Three

I just finished reading this newer book by Diana Wynne Jones, and it is amazing. It's the first book I've read by her that did not involve Howl or Chrestomanci and so I was greatly pleased. It is more serious than the other books involving our favorite wizard and enchanter, but just as enjoyable and gripping. What amazed me most of all was that the two peoples who hated and feared each other (Dorig and "Lymen"), and the giants (so to speak, humans) were very similar despite their many outward differences. As you follow the three main characters, Gair, Anya, and Ceri throughout the adventure of trying to bring peace to the Moor and lift a curse, the recurrance of the fact that though customs and looks may be different, but we/they are all the same, made it so enjoyable and thrilling to me. Not to mention the climax of the whole thing, holy cow! It was amazing. Loved it!

Well, felt like sharing that before I go sane again. Nasty thing, saneness. I don't like it. . . .

Wondering what to read now, Acissej Senoj

2 comments:

Your Name said...

I think I read that book once--cause it looks really familiar. But I don't remember a thing about it.

Lizardbreath McGee said...

I read it a long time ago and liked it much. Have you read Archer's Goon by her? It's one of my faves. :)