Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Snakes and Arrows

I'm a little late on posting but I was sleepy all day yesterday due to RUSH: SNAKES AND ARROWS!!! Oh yeah!

This has been such a wonderful summer! First Pirates: At World's End, then Harry Potter, then Dream Theater, and now Rush. Oh, what joy and excitement! They were spetacular! They were my first concert, and now my fifth (which, by the way, is my favorite number). Like their Vapor Trails tour, they were amazing with awesome light effects, laser effects, and pyrotechnics on the stage. They let off fireworks when they played Far Cry from the newest album, and that was cool. Then, they played another song called One Little Victory which has bursts of flames leaping up off the stage as they play; concluding the whole song with all of the flame contraptions going off at once. My family and I were sitting quite a ways from the stage, but we felt the heat from the flames, it was awesome!!!

During the second half of the show, Geddy Lee (vocals, base guitar, and synthesizer) and Alex Lifeson (back-up vocals and guitars) left the stage so that Neil Pert could do his traditional drum solo. Mandi, I wish you could have been there to see him. He was amazing. He played for what easily could have been twenty minutes (not entirely sure, but it wasn't ten minutes) on his drums. It was really awesome! Then Alex came back on stage and played a solo on the acoustic guitar, which was also spetacular, and then Geddy came back out and they did their next song. *sigh* I love this band!

I got my shirt! yay!

Happily signing off: A pleased fan

No comments: