Monday, January 7, 2008

New Semester

A bit of rambling and what's-on-my-mind sort of things, so feel free to skip over or stop if you get bored.

It's only been the first day of classes, but already I'm really looking forward to my Ichtyology class (in other words: my fishies class). The only assignments I really have are two presentations to do, but they don't seem that difficult to me. Of course, finding the stuff and looking for a topic to do is the easy part, but presenting. . . .that's a different story. I don't like getting in front of people, but thankfully I can do it when I have to. It's just I tend to be very very casual with how I talk and present, but that's my way of attempting to not show nerves. But, I'll do my best. The topics aren't really something I need to worry about, because it can be anything that I find interesting relating to fish. Only the "Catch of the Day" presentations are restricted to stuff we'll be going over/talking about for that day. Other than that, I'm really looking forward to this class. It'll be a nice change from the evolution class I took last semester. That was rather a fiasco.

My english class is tomorrow, and I'm not so looking forward to that simply because it's intro to poetry and I can't write poetry. *sigh* The things I put myself through. I have yoga on Thursday, so that's going to be nice and relaxing. It's a pass/fail class, no textbooks, no homework (well, practicing but even then it's understandable if you're unable to), and you go at your own pace. I'm really looking forward to it. Once the semester starts getting crazy, it's going to be very nice to go and relax. Perfect class to take my mind off of stuff.

Chemistry is chemistry, which means I need to do some problems because we have a test in two weeks, but I was forewarned about that. I don't have any labs this week, it being the first week, so that's really nice. Especially becuase I now have to go talk to housing because I got an "accidental private room." That means, one of two things will happen:

1--They will find me a new roommate
2--I move in with Kayleigh, who also has an "accidental private" (most likely to happen. If I didn't get a roommate during the week for people to move in, then I might not get one. but, we'll see)

Really no surprise, we were expecting something like this to happen with how onery housing is. Seriously, that is the one bad experience I've had being here at SUU: dealing with housing. They're so. . .dumb.

Well, er, that's all. . .for now. . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with housing.... ;)

Debbie Barr said...

Sounds like it's been pretty good! Best of luck with poetry, I'm sure you'll do just great, though!